Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Tuesday, Tuesday

Today has been fairly relaxed.  I spent most of it napping with Bryon.  Can't complain about getting to sleep, naps are a favorite past time of mine.  However, with napping all day guilt follows.  I had a mental todo list in my head and I have accomplished one item on it:  Go to the post office.  It's like buyer's remorse, it feels soooo good at the time and then you look back and are like, "Really?!  What have I accomplished today??"

Okay, enough of the pity party because I chose to make my own decisions.  Here is what I have accomplished today:  I got Asher up and ready for school, ate breakfast, worked on one of my christmas presents for awhile, went to the post office, started a blog for Asher, and am currently updating mine.  So all in all, I have accomplished a few things. 

How does one force motivation sometimes when exhaustion is taking over?  I love my family and I want the best for them, so that is a definite motivating factor.  I feel great when I complete what I have set out to accomplish for that day, that should be another motivating factor.  Procratination has been such a big part of my life for so long, going way back to early childhood.  I need to get over that hump and move past the procrastination.  I need to get over that hump pretty darn quick too because once Appleseed comes, timely accomplishments need to be the habit of choice, not procrastination.

As I type this, I wonder, am I procrastinating right now?  Is there something else I should be doing?  Probably, but for now, I am going to do what I enjoy and grocery shop in a little while.

No comments:

Post a Comment