Tuesday, August 30, 2011

***Guest Post***Enjoying the Free Bounty Alaska Has to Offer


*This is a guest post from my husband, Bryon.  Give him props.  This is his first blog post and I think he did awesome!!!*

This morning I decided to take a couple of picking buckets along with me while walking our son to the bus stop.  Two hours later I made my way back home.  Oh, and the bus stop is only a 3-4 minute walk from the front door.



Do you ever find it hard to stop picking?  The wife and I joke about having a little OCD when it comes to picking berries.  Oh but there are a few more over here let me just get these then we can go in.  Yeah right, that never happens.


Off to the dehydrator for most of these little beauties.  The Birch boletes dry nicely, the quaking aspens dry up dirty (discolor but are still good), and this will be the first try for dehydrating the slippery jacks.



Picked too many for the dehydrator, oh well I guess we can always make some more fried mushrooms out of the little slippery jacks.





This was our dinner last night, deep fried slippery jacks (Dipped in egg and breaded in 1/2 and 1/2 bread crumbs and flour), along with hamburgers with sauted slippery jacks (sauted in 2 tbsp butter and garlic)

1 comment:

  1. Pat on the back to you for being self sufficient. I love mushrooms and wild berries. They are the best. Wish I could try some of your mushrooms I would put them on everything.
    Mrs Long

    ReplyDelete